Welcome to the official FAIB website
Federation of European and International Associations established in Belgium (FAIB) is a non-profit, non-political association that promotes and defends the interests and activities of its Members. It was established in 1949 at the initiative of leading personalities of the Union of International Associations (UIA), with the intention to draw attention of the authorities to the existence of international associations in Belgium, and to the need for facilitating their activities.
The Members of FAIB are organisations of European or global scope, and include trade or business federations, cultural and scientific societies, youth and sport associations, religious and philanthropic societies, etc. The Federation is ruled by its General Assembly, directed by a Board of Directors, and financed chiefly by Members' fees.
Regular or occasional activities of FAIB include:
- Studies of general and specific, legal and tax problems, working luncheons and lectures with contributions by experts on matters of common concern: taxation, recruitment, administrative issues specific to AISBL's, convention management, etc.;
- Establishing international contacts and maintaining permanent relations with federations of international associations in other countries; publishing a quarterly information bulletin "FAIB NEWS" for members and "FAIB DIGEST" for non-members. Members also receive - in between two editions of the FAIB News - a "FLASH FAIB" message by wich they are informed of the latest news or consulted on relevant enquiries from third parties.
- The FAIB publishes a fully online, regularly updated edition of the Practical Guide for European and International Associations established in Belgium. Read the preface, subscribe, or - if you already have your account details - enter the latest edition.
- All FAIB members can, using login details received from the FAIB, post, alter or delete their public announcements (e.g. about their job vacancies - Job Forum -, conferences, exhibitions, etc.- Member Forum) on this website. CV's for job candidatures must be sent by email to the FAIB secretariat.
- Members are welcome to post questions and comments in the FAIB Member Forum.
- Useful links will provide you with direct connections to relevant contacts.
- Enquiries, executed every 5 years, into the socio-economic situation of European and International associations (IA) operational in Belgium: FAIB Survey 2013 results published here.
- Occasional ad hoc advice upon request.